How do I search inside a note?
Use the note search box in the notes panel to enter your search query, then press enter. Your search term will be highlighted in any resulting note.
Use your browser's built in search functionality (typically via Cmd/Ctrl + F) to search inside your note.
In-note search is not available on mobile.
Tip: You can use the Markdown Minimist extension on desktop for dedicated in-note searching. The search box can be toggled via Cmd/Ctrl + F.
Privacy & Longevity
- Who can read my private notes?
- Has Standard Notes completed a third-party security audit?
- How does Standard Notes secure my notes?
- How does Standard Notes encrypt data on my device?
- What country is Standard Notes located in?
- What happens to my data if Standard Notes disappears?
- What services does Standard Notes use for daily operation?
- What information does Standard Notes collect about me?
- Can I store passwords in Standard Notes?
- I've forgotten my password. What should I do?
- How can I change my account email?
- How do I delete my account?
- How do I change my account password?
- Why can I not sign in, even though my email and password are correct?
- Is Standard Notes a good Evernote alternative?
- How do I attach encrypted files to my notes?
- Can I collaborate with others on a note?
- Can I use Standard Notes totally offline?
- How can I import my notes from Evernote?
- How can I import my notes from Simplenote?
- How can I import my notes from Apple Notes?
- How can I import my notes from Google Keep?
- How can I import notes from a bunch of text files?
- How can I contribute to Standard Notes?
- How can I donate to Standard Notes?
- What are editors?
- How do I create and import backups of my Standard Notes data?
- How do I delete a note?
- How do I delete a tag?
- How do I share a private note?
- How do I use Markdown in my notes?
- How do I clear duplicates?
- How do I enable spellcheck?
- How do I print a note?
- How do I make an editor my default editor?
- How do I search inside a note?
- How do I add images to my notes?
- How do I uninstall Standard Notes?
- How do I view a list of untagged notes (and create other dynamic filters)?
- How do I link multiple notes together to create a sort of personal wiki?
- What does it mean to lock or protect a note?
- How can I optimize the performance of Standard Notes?
- How do I manage/modify my subscription?
- What happens to my data when my subscription expires?
- How do I add more time to my subscription?
- My subscription features appear as expired, even though my subscription is still valid.
- What is the refund policy on Standard Notes?
- What is Standard Notes' sale policy?
- How can I get an invoice for my purchase?
- Is there a free trial available?
- Does Standard Notes offer a student discount?
- Does Standard Notes offer a lifetime subscription?
- What if I can't afford the price of a paid plan?
Note History & Backups
- Creating a Blog From Your Notes with Listed and Standard Notes
- How do I register for a Listed blog?
- How do I publish articles to Listed?
- How do I manage my blog settings, like username and custom domain?
- How do I email my subscribers about new articles and updates?
- What is my Listed guestbook?
- How do I change the colors, fonts, and general layout of my Listed blog?
- How do I specify a custom date for a post, or set the canonical URL?
- How do I hide a story from my main feed?
- How do I add separate pages to my blog?