How can I change my account email?
Sync Account vs Extended account
There are two types of accounts for Standard Notes: the Sync account and the Extended account.
The Sync account is the account created by registering with any of the Standard Notes applications, including the web app at app.standardnotes.com, the desktop app, and the mobile iOS and Android app. This account is used to store and sync your notes data across your devices.
The emails associated with your Sync and Extended accounts may be different and are changed separately:
For your Standard Notes Sync account
Please follow the following steps to begin using a new email for your notes account:
- In your current account, choose Account, then Download Backup.
- Sign out of your account via Account > Sign out.
- Register for a new account under the new email you'd like to use.
- After you register, open the Account panel, then choose Import Backup.
- Select the backup file you created in the first step.
For Extended subscribers, your subscription and extensions from your old account will also be restored, as these are included in your backup file. There is no need to purchase another subscription for the new account.
If the import process goes smoothly you can then delete your old account using the reset tool. If not, use the reset tool on the new account, import your backup again, and register for a new account with the same email address again.
For your paid Standard Notes Extended account
- Sign in to your Extended dashboard by entering your current email in the right-hand column and pressing enter. You will receive a login link in your inbox.
- Upon accessing your dashboard, select the option called "Change Email" located just under your current email address at the top of the dashboard.